Triple R Driving School
Rump's Road Rules
​Proudly serving and educating southeast Iowa drivers since 2006
Call or text for more info: (319) 470-6975
HomeRegistration InformationContact Us

Triple 'R' Driving School is the fast, flexible, and affordable way to get your child's driver education certification in southeast and eastern Iowa. 
Interested in learning more about our services?
Contact Us
Triple R teaches your new driver how to drive safely and responsibly!
We hold several sessions during the summer and the school year.  We work around your busy schedule to get your child's driver education completed quickly: most summer sessions finish within 2-3 weeks.  Sessions held during school months usually last one month.

Triple 'R' Driving School is also the trusted and contracted driver education provider for the following area schools: Burlington, Burlington Notre Dame, Central Lee, Fort Madison, Easton Valley, Holy Trinity Catholic, Keokuk, Knoxville, Mt. Pleasant, New London, Newton, Northeast (Goose Lake), Van Buren County, West Burlington, and Winfield-Mount Union.

Like us on Facebook!
Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to be enrolled in the high school where the classes are held?

No.  Classes are held at various area high schools for the convenience of our students, but all classes are open-enrollment. 

How much do classes cost?

Rates for classes vary depending on location. See your location's registration form under "Registration Information" for the current rate. 

When will I find out my drive schedule?

Drive schedules are typically passed out within the first week of class.  We make every effort to accommodate your schedule.  Our registration form has space for you to indicate any conflicts you have.

How do I know I'm signed up for my session?

We typically send a message via text a week or so before the first class with confirmation and other information.  Please feel free to call us if you need to confirm your registration any earlier. 

How old do you have to be to take Driver's Ed?

You must be at least 14 years of age and hold a valid State of Iowa Instructional Permit before the first day of your driver's ed classes.  

What if I lose my certificate?

There is a $40 replacement fee for lost certificates.  Call Ryan at 319-470-6975 to request a replacement certificate.  

How do I get my school permit?

In order to receive your school permit, students must have had their instructional permit for at least 6 months, have successfully completed a driver's education course, and must live at least one mile from the school in which they are enrolled.  See your HS administration for paperwork and more details.

What if I have to miss a class or drive?

Iowa law requires that you complete 30 hours of classroom education and 6 hours of behind the wheel driving before you are eligible for a certificate of completion.  We make every effort to accomodate our students' busy schedules, and most drives can be rearranged with effective communication.   

Most Triple R sessions have more than 30 hours of class time scheduled, and students who miss one class are normally not subject to a make-up.  Students with excessive absences may be required to pay up to $40 for each makeup class.  

What if I have more questions?  

Simply call or text Ryan at 319-470-6975 or e-mail